Vampire: The Masquerade-Bloodlines continues the famous White Wolf gaming tradition in a new role-playing adventure, combining intense first-person shooter combat with an open, non-linear world, rich character development and an immersive storyline. The game plunges players into the dark and gritty vampire underworld of modern day L.A. as a creature of the night, interacting with and battling mortals and other creatures of darkness with an incredible array of vampire powers, skills and traits. Based on Valve's Source Technology-the same game technology used to power Half-Life 2, Vampire: The Masquerade-Bloodlines is being developed by renowned RPG developer Troika Games and is based on White Wolf 's World of Darkness.
- Embrace the darkness as a vampire-Gamers play as a member of one of seven different Vampire Clans, each with their own unique strengths and weaknesses. Utilizing up to 12 different vampire powers including supernatural speed, invisibility, mind control and superhuman strength, players embark on quests, earning experience points to build their character and increase powers, skills and traits. Eventually they can rise up through the ranks of Vampire Society and become the most powerful creature of the night.
- Next-gen first-person shooter gameplay-Based on Valve's Source Technology, the same game technology used to power Half-Life 2, Vampire: The Masquerade-Bloodlines features fast-action gameplay, detailed graphics, advanced AI and incredible special effects. Gamers take on enemies in intense first-person action combat, with a combination of vampire powers, hand-to-hand combat and an explosive arsenal of weapons including knives, pistols, submachine guns, stake guns, flamethrowers and more.
- Immersive RPG adventure-Players enter the World of Darkness in L.A.-from nightclubs and secret ceremonial caverns downtown to seedy hotels and exclusive mansions on the Hollywood strip - journeying into an open, "living" non-linear world, where every choice may lead to ultimate power or an untimely end. Gamers can choose a path, where each challenge has multiple solutions and each choice has repercussions - help or hurt the denizens of the world while reaping the rewards or suffering the consequences. Replaying the game making different choices, players will find that characters and the environment react differently depending on clans, abilities and the "reputation" developed during the journey.
- Online team-based multiplayer-Gamers can go online with friends and join in the ultimate battle of light and darkness. Choosing which team to join, playing as a vampire or as a vampire hunter, with a variety of team-based mission objectives, online combat will always be a unique experience.
- Cutting edge RPG gaming-Vampire: The Masquerade-Bloodlines is the culmination of next-generation first-person action game engine technology, a top RPG developer and a renowned RPG franchise. Built using Valve's Source Technology- the same game engine technology used to power Half-Life 2, the game is based on White Wolf's renowned pen-and-paper RPG series Vampire: The Masquerade and its official clans. Developed by Troika Games-creators of top RPG franchises such as Arcanum (2002 RPG of the year-PC Gamer) and the Fallout series, Vampire: The Masquerade-Bloodlines promises to take RPG gaming to the next level.