It features more than 30 hours of new gameplay as you are sent to explore an entirely new plane of Oblivion -- the realm of Sheogorath, the Daedric Prince of Madness. Shivering Isles adds to the existing world of Oblivion, so you can continue playing with your existing save game/character, or create an all new character just to explore the new content in Shivering Isles. New creatures, weapons, armor, ingredients, branching questlines, and more await in the land of Mania and Dementia.
Enter the world of the Madgod -- the Realm of Sheogorath. Inside this torn plane reside the sublimely creative and the completely psychotic. Something is happening to the Shivering Isles and Sheogorath himself looks to you to be his champion and defend his realm and its inhabitants from destruction. Do you have the strength to survive his trials, to tame a realm fraught with paranoia and despair, and wear the mantle of a God?
- Experience a branching questline surrounding the endless cycle of mania and despair.
- See a world created in Sheogorath's own image, one divided between Mania and Dementia and unlike anything you've experienced in Oblivion.
- Battle the denizens of Shivering Isles, a land filled with hideous insects, Flesh Atronachs, skeletal Shambles, amphibeous Grummites, and many more.
- Find and wield new weapons and armor, or have new ones forged for you by the talented craftsmen of Crucible and Bliss.
- Explore a bizarre landscape filled with twisting, vast dungeons buried within the roots of the trees themselves.
- Unravel the mystery surrounding the endless cycle of madness and destruction that threatens to destroy the Shivering Isles.