Do you long for the days when hockey video games didn’t require an engineering degree to master? 2K Sports has listened to the masses by bringing the fun back to hockey video games with an intuitive control scheme, hard-hitting action and by announcing the debut of NHL 2K9 on the Wii console. Developed by award-winning Visual Concepts studios, NHL 2K9 brings a totally rebuilt NHL experience to life with a brand-new in-game presentation system, as well as fresh player animations and controls that fans will enjoy from the moment they play their first game, until well after they become a seasoned veteran. Further adding to an unmatched level of fun and celebrating the NHL’s uniqueness are an all-new Zamboni mini-game, playoff beards, a new fighting engine and more! Complete with new commentary, a user-friendly franchise mode and upgraded online features, NHL 2K9 brings the fun back to game consoles on 9.9.08!Features:
- Pick-Up-And-Play Controls – Fans asked and 2K Sports answered with easy-to-learn controls that still provide depth for the season veteran. With 2K Sports' classic default controls, a player’s first game will be as enjoyable as their one-thousandth, while the new and intuitive hybrid controls will provide the depth experienced vets are looking for.
- Enhanced Gameplay - An updated arsenal of highlight reel-worthy superstar moves, blocked shots, stick-handling moves, hit-by-puck collisions, and a greatly-enhanced skating engine make up for an exciting and all-new hockey experience complete with more than 1,400 new gameplay animations.
- All-New Presentation System – Pre-game intros, menus, new crowd animations, game summary replays, and brand new commentary featuring Randy Hahn and Drew Remenda of the San Jose Sharks bring a fresh new look and sound to NHL 2K9’s visual and audio experience.
- True Hockey Fun! – Fans can indulge in what makes hockey such a unique and fun sport with the addictive Zamboni mini-game, user-controlled Stanley Cup celebrations, playoff beards, enhanced checking and a brand-new fighting engine.
- Reel Maker 2K9 - Included this year on both Xbox 360 and PLAYSTATION3, fans will be able to save, edit, share and rate user-generated NHL 2K9 highlight reels online through Xbox Live and PlayStation Network.
- 2K Beats – Featuring Pennywise, Bad Religion, The Offspring, NOFX, The Ramones, Inner Circle, Mastodon, Operation Ivy, High on Fire and more.