Ubisoft have revealed some more detail for the third game in the Call of Juarez series, Call of Juarez: The Cartel.
"Call of Juarez The Cartel keeps the unique themes of the Wild West intact while taking gamers on an action-packed adventure set in present day. As with past Call of Juarez games, Call of Juarez The Cartel is from inception to execution, a Western shooter.
Call of Juarez The Cartel has a deep and gritty storyline that begins with a fictional drug cartel bombing a U.S. law enforcement agency, devastating the building and killing hundreds of people. The attack is a surprise, leading the U.S. to believe that cartel members had somehow infiltrated federal agencies. In a last-ditch effort, the U.S. puts together a special task force to hunt down and stop the drug cartel. The task force consists of Kim Evans, a gang-affiliated street kid-turned-FBI agent, Eddie Guerra, a DEA agent with a chronic gambling habit and brutal LAPD detective and descendant of Ray McCall from the original Call of Juarez, Ben McCall
As the task force trio searches for the head of the cartel, they’re confronted with a variety of challenges that take them on a road trip from Los Angeles, California, through Arizona and New Mexico to Juarez, Mexico. To complicate things further, Kim, Eddie and Ben each have their own personal challenges and demons to face, which makes for a complex and high-adrenaline gaming experience."
Features for the game include:
- Rich, dark and in-depth storyline
- Three player online co-op with Kim Evans, Eddie Guerra and Ben McCall
- Gamers can play the entire campaign as each of the three characters; each character has his/her own unique story and ending
- 15 missions and maps
- More than 30 guns and weapons to choose from
- Wide variety of gameplay including punitive raids, witness protection, tough interrogations, undercover missions, car chases and more.