Central Park is hiding a secret. Built as a safe haven not for the people of New York, but for something else entirely, the vast parkland has been protected by generations of guardians while the most expensive city in the world reached skyward on its fringes. Now the truth can no longer be contained, and paranormal investigator Edward Carnby finds himself inexplicably cast into the eye of the storm as over the course of one apocalyptic night he must uncover the earth-shattering secret behind Central Park. New York will never be the same again.
Inspired by the gripping style of contemporary TV dramas, the game delivers a new degree of narrative intensity, presented as a complete season format of episodes each containing action, twists and cliff-hangers. Bursting with innovative technology, including unprecedented environmental interaction, revolutionary physics, stunning visuals, uniquely immersive user interface, and DVD style chapter select, Alone in the Dark breaks gaming clichés to fulfil the next-gen promise and change what players expect from action games.Features:
- Exhilarating gameplay: Blockbuster action, tense exploration, dangerous driving, and vicious fights as hero Edward Carnby fights to survive one apocalyptic night to uncover the earth-shattering secret behind Central Park;
- Intense story: taking cues from blockbuster TV dramas, the story is told in a TV season-style to deliver pace and intensity throughout, keeping the player hooked with action, plot twists and cliff hangers;
- Never get stuck: creating the first game that everyone can finish, the innovative DVD-style chapter select lets players move on if they get stuck, with the grand finale reserved for those who finish a certain amount of the game;
- Improvise to survive: a new level of environmental interaction based on real world rules where anything you could do in real life, you can do in the game. Use your imagination to create unique tools and devastating new weapons;
- Immersion: the player is plunged into the heart of the action in real-time with full movement control, in-game inventory system, on-body damage and healing system, and physiological effects;
- Pyromania: unique physics and light rendering are applied to the realistic-looking fire which propagates realistically across all flammable surfaces. Fire is a valuable ally, but can become your worst enemy;
- Photographic Rendering: a lavishly detailed game world with advanced cinematographic effects including depth of field, camera focus, numerous light sources, and High Dynamic Range effects.