With up to an incredible 21 drivers on track at the same time, just trying to stay in contention can be challenge enough in TOCA Race Driver 2: The Ultimate Racing Simulator, but it gets tougher than that: Each of the AI (computer-controlled) drivers in the game has their own driving habits and characteristics and, if you force one of them off the track, they may even bear a grudge and spend the rest of the race out for revenge!
Mimicking human behaviour with extraordinary accuracy, all the AI drivers in TOCA Race Driver 2 possess different levels of ability and intensity. For example, some are better at late braking, some at outmanoeuvring other racers and some will pass you like you're standing still. And, just like real-life racing drivers, the computer-controlled guys are prone to mistakes: they can spin off, collide with other vehicles, crash into barriers and deviate from the racing line. Human or Computer? You'll be hard pushed to tell the difference.
Driver mind-sets also play an important role in the action: all the AI drivers can exhibit varying degrees of aggression, chasing you down on the straights, shutting you out around the bends and attempting risky overtakes. In Career mode, you have to beat specific drivers, all of whom possess their own, unique driving characteristics, so it pays to keep an eye on who does what.
So you're going to need to do more than just drive like a demon to win in TOCA Race Driver 2. Features:
- 31 Licensed and Fictional global Race Locations offering 48 tracks including Hockenheim from the German DTM series and Surfers Paradise from the Australian V8 series.
- 35 Aspirational Cars, including Ford GT, Aston Martin Vanquish, Jaguar XKR, Nissan Skyline and AMG-Mercedes CLK.
- Up to 21 Cars on track at once, battling for position.
- Full online play for both platforms including LIVE for Xbox.
- Highly sophisticated physics and handling engine, which combines the instant rewards of an intuitive racer, with the subtlety and nuances commonly associated with a simulation delivers incredibly playable realism.
- The most realistic damage engine ever featured in a racing game affects the performance of every car. Windows smash, doors can be ripped open, and wheels torn from their axles. A head-on collision can leave the player's car a complete wreck of twisted metal and out of the race!!
- The AI will show controlled aggression, making the AI drivers appear very competitive but avoiding unnecessary shunts and bumps.
- A stunning new render engine, will allow for super smooth sixty frame per second graphics, as well as a host of enhanced graphical and video effects such as realistic motion blur and true depth of field.
- Interactive storyline drives you through all 31 Championships.