When evil reemerges, so must those who silence it.
The violent rebellion and civil strife that have torn through the heart of 16th century Japan appear to be drawing to a close. Also coming to an end is the Azuma ninja clan's year of mourning in honor of the tragic death of Rikimaru. Alas, this long-awaited serenity may be short-lived.
The mysterious Tenrai has begun a quest to conquer the country by amassing an army of ninjas and lords of darkness. Your master, Lord Gohda, has called upon you, a cunning stealth assassin, to stop Tenrai and his disciples before all is lost.
Live by honor. Kill by stealth.Features:
- New Stealth Attacks and Improved Fighting Engine Master combo attacks, including stealth moves and jumping attacks, played out in realistic detail via a robust fighting engine. Gamers take on the role of three characters, Rikimaru, Ayame and Tesshu, an unlockable assassin, utilizing over 20 authentic ninja weapons and tools and earning new abilities and combos by racking up stealth kills.
- Exclusive Xbox Content and Enhancements - Tenchu: Return from Darkness features 11 single-player maps including two new levels that take players on a journey to a samurai mansion and deserted pagoda temple. Improved gameplay balance with re-tuned enemy intelligence and item placement force gamers to think on their feet.
- Xbox Live and Multiplayer Action The Xbox Live mode allows for two-player co-op missions through six levels, as well as online voice chat functionality. The multiplayer action offers six levels and two modes of play co-operative team oriented missions and Hunter-Hunted death matches.
- New Restart and Continue Functions - Tenchu: Return from Darkness features two exclusive new functions for both hardcore and novice players. The restart function allows them to restart a mission with all of the items previously collected. The continue function, designed for novice players, alleviates the frustration of dying early in pitfalls and having to start at the beginning of a mission.
- Multiple Mission Paths Fans can complete unique mission objectives including espionage, theft and assassination. Crafted levels allow players to determine the most efficient way to achieve mission goals. Multiple game endings based on earlier decisions in the game and enemy placements, keep players coming back for more.
- Stunningly Realistic Graphics and Special Effects Taking full advantage of the Xboxs graphical capabilities, Tenchu: Return from Darkness features 11 detailed levels with realistic lighting and weather effects, breakable items and authentic character animations.