Scrapland is a third person action-adventure game set in a stunningly beautiful, futuristic world occupied by an amazing array of robotic characters. The play experience is driven by a solidly engaging, sometimes humorous adventure narrative. The game mechanic combines proven GTA3 style emergent action with an immersive storyline, diversity of player actions, and complete freedom of movement through the world.
Throughout the game the player can: transform into any of 15 character types inheriting unique abilities, build and pilot ships with hundreds of permutations, engage in explosive combat, participate in life-on-the-line races, and freely explore a truly dynamic and living world.
The game is structured in missions whose objectives are always "doing things", instead of "finding out how to do them". That is, the player will never wonder what to do, which object they need or which character they have to transform into to accomplish a mission. The game itself provides that information constantly and clearly. Fun and challenge lie in what happens and how the system reacts when the player does what they are asked to, when they use the objects needed or when they transform into the precise character.
The player has total freedom of movement during most of the game time - it is a little restricted at the beginning for tutorial reasons. In Scrapland, the player can freely wander round all levels/maps, interact with all characters, drive all ships and combine, with no restriction, the main mission with any other thing the player feels like doing. The possible casuistry is huge, thanks to which the game world is perceived as living, realistic and unpredictable.
Scrapland's multiplayer offers a kind of game play based in combat and speed, with the same ships the player can build in single player. Individually or by team, LAN or Internet, Scrapland establishes a new standard in high-competitive multiplayer games.Features:
- Open-ended game play set in a unique and novel science fiction 3D world.
- A compelling, intriguing storyline accurately integrated into an emergent -from start to finish- game play.
- A rich and alive game world, with employs a realistic physics engine.
- Immersive 3D environments. Huge outdoor spaces and highly detailed indoor locations.
- Sophisticated AI. Interact with dozens of unforgettable bizarre characters with their own behaviours toward the player and toward the other NPC's.
- Thrilling combats to the death with the most powerful combination of devastating weapons in the most exciting and challenging 3D action ever seen.
- Super competitive, original and spectacular races with extreme gun ships the player can build to their taste
- Intuitive, simple and powerful control system both with game pad and joystick or mouse + keyboard.
- Up to 140 main missions provide an almost unlimited number of hours of varied and fast-paced game play.
- Turn into fifteen different characters, take on their identity and acquire their special abilities.
- Multiplayer capabilities. Fight alone or join a team, with gun ships built and optimized by the player - Via LAN or Internet.