The long awaited dream match-up between the two leaders in the fighting genre can now be played at home... AND on the go! Street Fighter X Tekken on the PlayStation Vita expands on the action-packed console experience, delivering competitive co-op fun that players of all skill levels can enjoy. With the full roster of 55 playable characters and new exclusive features, Street Fighter X Tekken on the PlayStation Vita is packed with tons of content and boasts one of the most robust character line-ups in fighting game history.
Playing at home or on the streets, PS Vita and PlayStation 3 cross-play features lets Street Fighter X Tekken players compete anytime, anywhere, against anyone... either locally, with 3G or via Wi-Fi. Cross-Play functionality with the PlayStation 3 version gives players console quality online battles that push the true capabilities of the PlayStation Vita. A host of additional new features and surprises designed specifically for the PlayStation Vita system are being implemented and will be revealed prior to the game’s release in Autumn 2012.
- 55 Playable Characters – In addition to the robust roster of 43 characters from the PS3 version, the PS Vita version features 12 new playable characters Blanka, Cody, Dudley, Elena, Guy and Sakura from the Street Fighter side, and Alisa Bosconovitch, Bryan Fury, Christie Monteiro, Jack, Lars Alexandersson and Lei Wulong from the Tekken side. For players who choose to own the PS Vita version and already have the PlayStation 3 version of the game, they will receive these additional 12 characters as free DLC.
- Cross-Platform Play – Portable gaming has reached a new level. Cross play allows PS Vita players of Street Fighter X Tekken to compete against PS3 players.
- Vita Exclusive Features – Players can take advantage of all new Vita-specific features that utilise the front and rear touch panels, augmented reality, Near functionality and the digital compass.
- PS Vita and PS3 Data Sharing – All DLC purchased on the PS3 version can be used on the PS Vita version, and vice versa. Additionally, edited and customized data on the PS Vita version can be transferred to the PS3 version via a save data link.
- Multiplayer Mayhem – Pick your battles and compete against others locally, online through Wi-Fi networks, or through the PS Vita’s 3G connection.
- But Wait, There’s More! – New modes, features, and game content will be revealed right up until the release in fall 2012... so, stay tuned!