The wait for WipEout Pulse has been well worth it as Studio Liverpool has been hard at work developing a range of futuristic new features. There are 8 teams including the new EG-X outfit, while new weapons provide all sorts of devious ways to send rivals into a spin. Tracks now contain the brand new Mag-Strip feature which causes ships to become temporarily locked to the track’s surface. This feature offers a huge variety and dynamism in track design and adds incredible racing conditions such as loops, vertical drops and 90 degree angled sections.
Race head-to-head at eye-watering speeds on magnificently-rendered reversible tracks built into a variety of stunning landscapes. Create your own multiplayer events in Ad Hoc and Infrastructure modes – and experience it all to the exhilarating beat of a thumping, fully-licensed soundtrack featuring the latest big names in dance music (full track-list to be announced). There is even the possibility to play your own mp3 files direct from your memory stick! Finally, a wealth of extra downloadable content will be made available at launch and post launch, including new tracks, ships and tunes to add to your racing soundtrack, and – if you’re really impressed with your skills- you can take a snapshot of your ship at any time using Photo Mode and post it online!
With no prizes given for second place, WipEout Pulse – exclusive to PSP – will be unleashed this September and is set to better its critically-acclaimed predecessor WipEout Pure.Features:
- Latest incarnation of the iconic, stylish and futuristic anti-gravity combat racer: an awesome follow-up to WipEout Pure on PSP.
- Upholds the brand heritage and refines all the best elements of the franchise to deliver an exhilarating racing experience loaded with hi-tech weapons, hi-octane speed and futuristic adrenaline-fuelled combat.
- 7 diversified single player and multiplayer modes, including wireless multiplayer mode via Ad Hoc and Infrastructure Modes.
- Downloadable content available at launch and post-launch: new circuits, ships and music tracks.
- Pumping soundtrack licensed by a range of top artists including Mason, Loco Dice and Stanton Warriors.
- 8 teams including the new EG-X team and 24 new exhilarating tracks.
- New Mag-Strip track feature: Allowing for a huge variety and dynamism in track design including loops, vertical drops and 90 degrees angled sections.
- Snap a photo of your ship at any time in Photo Mode and upload online to show the world.