If you can see it-you can steal it, use it or blow it up. Mercenaries is an open-ended third person combat-action game set in North Korea where a coup has plunged the troubled nation into chaos. An elite private military company has dispatched a lone mercenary to track down 52 fugitive members of the old hardliner regime -- before they can launch a nuclear attack.
Players will have the opportunity to live out their action movie fantasies with Mercenaries, through explosive combat and non-linear gameplay set in massive interactive environments. The nonstop action is complete with a havoc physics engine where the world is always active and the player can affect everything within the environment. Motivated by cash, players can choose alliances as they pilot more than 22 authentic ground and air vehicles, and use more than 30 deadly weapons to hunt down the dangerous enemy combatants.Features:
- Fifty-two action-packed missions featuring open-ended and explosive gameplay set in the future during a coup in North Korea.
- The "deck of 52" represents a target for each of these modern-day combat inspired missions. Players must secure the face card for each suit, with the ultimate being the capture of the Ace of Spades.
- More than 20 authentic ground and air vehicles including helicopters, cars, artillery rocket launchers and tanks.
- Over 30 weapons including rocket launchers, grenades and shotguns.
- Players control how they interact within each environment with the ability to use anything within the game.
- Play as one of three mercenaries including an American or Swedish male or a British female - each character with at least one unique advantage.
- Choose your alliances between numerous feuding factions.
- Havoc physics engine allows players to demolish buildings and watch the world around them react as it would in real life.
- Authentic sound effects recorded at Skywalker Sound.