The game begins on a warm evening in May 1897, as Sherlock Holmes, accompanied by Dr Watson arrive at a party in the fabulous Sherringford Hall. It is rumoured that the host, Sir Melvyn Bromsby, a construction tycoon, is to make an announcement of great importance concerning the future of his business. At 11pm people begin to crowd around the bar in anticipation as Sir Bromsby and his chief associate Hermann Grimble take to the stage. Barely had he begun to welcome his guests when Sir Bromsby fell to the floor, a darkening red stain visible on his tuxedo above his heart. Holmes decides not to wait for the police before beginning his investigation. The game is afoot...
Original Sherlock Holmes stories are gifts that number few, and arrive less than occasionally. 'The Silver Earring' looks to address that problem by giving fans a brand new story from the Sherlock Holmes universe.
Playing as both the detective Sherlock himself and his no less-loved sidekick Dr Watson, the player must investigate their way around massive, sumptuous levels rich in graphical detail, which will delight knowledgeable fans and newcomers alike. An expansive adventure that spans the globe, The Silver Earring delivers a deep and involving experience that will, in all likelihood, completely destroy any social life that hopeful PC owners aspire towards.
Supporting the atmospheric visuals, both in-game and within the high quality cut scenes, comes music penned by classical composers and virtuoso violinists Nicolo Paganini and Felix Mendelssohn; music Sherlock himself would surely have enjoyed.
As a structural twist, the game introduces mini bonus games at the end of each level in the form of analytical conundrums, enabling players to collate and organise their information, and better prepare for the detecting ahead.Features:
- A new original story, "The Silver Earring" has been written by a true Sherlock Holmes fan for you!
- The famous pair of detectives is back! Play as Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson.
- 25-30 hours of investigation with Insp. Lestrade, Mycroft Holmes, Wiggins, and Mrs. Hudson's able assistance.
- 5 graphically rich levels of the game with 40 different 19th century London locations.
- Consider your discoveries and answer questions in Sherlock Holmes' quiz at the end of each level.
- 20 high quality movies.
- Original orchestral music of Nicolo Paganini and Felix Mendelssohn.