Get ready to hit the streets of New York with EA GAMES and Def Jam in the ultimate battle for control of the hip-hop underground in Def Jam Fight For New York.
The ruthless gangster D-Mob has escaped from police custody and returns home to find his stranglehold on the New York underground fight club circuit threatened by brutal newcomer Crow. As one of D-Mob's crew, it's time to step up and take Crow down. Succeed and the world is yours. Fail and... well, you don't want to fail.
Def Jam Fight For New York features a totally revamped fighting engine challenging gamers to master multiple fighting styles, interact with their environments, and get creative with dozens of weapons, like bottles, tools, and two-by-fours.
Def Jam Fight For New York delivers the biggest stars and the hottest music. Throughout the game's gritty story mode, players will encounter more than 35 of today's most recognizable hip-hop artists and personalities, from Ludacris and Busta Rhymes to Lil' Kim and Carmen Electra. The game also includes an over-the-top soundtrack loaded with hot new tracks and old school hits from Def Jam and beyond.Features:
- New Fighting Engine: A new fighting engine challenges gamers to master multiple fighting disciplines, take advantage of the interactive environments and utilize dozens of weapons to make a name for themselves.
- The Biggest Artists: Starring more than 35 of the biggest names in hip hop, Def Jam Fight For New York features a huge cast of more than 70 characters. Look for appearances by Busta Rhymes, Carmen Electra, Flava Flav, Ghostface, Ice T, Kimora Lee Simmons, Joe Budden, Lil' Kim, Ludacris, Method Man, Redman, Slick Rick, Snoop Dogg, and many more.
- Customizable Fighting Styles: Gamers can master five unique fighting styles— street fighting, kickboxing, martial arts, submission, and wrestling—and can combine up to three styles to create devastating hybrid fighting styles, complete with character-specific "blazin' moves" to finish off your opponents.
- Weapons: Dozens of weapons up the ante—from one-use environmental objects like bottles to persistent multi-use equalizers including wrenches and two-by-fours.
- Gameplay Modes: With 10 distinct match types ranging from intense one-on-one combat to demolition matches where destroying your opponent's ride is the name of the game, Def Jam Fight For New York goes well beyond the ring.
- Interactive Environments: From destructible environmental objects to rowdy spectators who like to "get involved" the 20-plus venues in Def Jam VENDETTA II are the player's ultimate weapons. All-new "sticky points" allow gamers to set up the big take down with style.
- Create-a-Player: Build your own street-ready fighter and outfit him with tattoos and thousands of pieces of unlockable licensed gear from brands like Phat Farm, Fila, Def Jam University, Rocawear, Sean Jean and more. Gamers can even rock bling from the Jeweler to the stars, Jacob the Jeweler.