One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them... Based on New Line Cinema's film adaptation of J.R.R. Tolkien's classic fantasy novel, The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King video game will once again put the fate of Middle-earth in the hands of the gamer. In the final installment of the blockbuster movie trilogy, players must destroy the One Ring by casting it into the Crack of Doom, freeing Middle-earth from the clutches of the Dark Lord Sauron.
EA's second "The Lord of the Rings" action adventure game, The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King, will allow players to journey through multiple gameplay paths, taking control of the motion picture trilogy's heroes. Defend the walls of Minas Tirith as Gandalf, raise the Army of the Dead as Aragorn, Legolas, or Gimli, and with Frodo and Sam, deliver the ring to the fiery depths of Mount Doom.
Based on the environments from the movie, The Return of the King's third person gameplay will include immersive action and adventure elements set in rich, interactive levels. An all-new multiplayer co-op mode will let players form their own Fellowship before embarking on their journey through Middle-earth.Features:
- Playable characters - Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli, Frodo, Gandalf, Eowyn and one secret character.
- Unique paths – most playable characters have their own unique paths/maps.
- Skills – each character can accumulate up to 15 unique skills.
- Nine boss characters – including Shelob, the Witch King and Saruman.
- Unique rune system – allows players to collect hidden runes and carve them into their weapons and armor.
- New character animations – new attacks, knockdowns and special abilities.
- New sound system and ambient technology – each level looks, feels and sounds more alive.
- Multiplayer – co-op play via GBA link cable.
- Link capabilities to GameCube consoles – secret unlockable content available via GBA connection to GameCube.