The game begins when Kevin Myers receives a call from magazine his sister works for. He is told that she didn't contact them more than 10 days and they are afraid she missed in Colombia during her journalist investigation. So, Kevin departures to this country in order to rescue her. Having arrived he finds himself in the world of violence where 70 out of 100 hundreds people are killed each year. There are many forces fight for the power in Colombia. They are officials, guerrilla, narco mafia, Indians, bandits, CIA. The player has to maneuver between them to reach the main goal to find lost sister. The scenery that looks banal in the beginning step-by-step gets mixed up and finally becomes semi-mystic.
Xenus is based on powerful in-house developed Vital Engine 2. The main features of the engine are:
- Unique technology of rendering huge (but very detailed) territory 25x25km.
- Skeleton animation with blending between up to 3 bones.
- Facial animation.
- Multilayered textures 512x512.
- 5000 faces per character.
- View-independent progressive mesh for models and view-dependent progressive mesh for level geometr.
- Rigid body physics comparable with Math Engine and Havok (a set of predefined models: car, helicopter, box, player).