Trine 2: Director's Cut, in development exclusively for Wii U, features the critically acclaimed original Trine 2 game, with a number of enhancements and gameplay polish, alongside a new game mode called "Magic Mayhem", designed exclusively for Wii U. The Director's Cut will also include the yet-to-be-released expansion pack.
Trine 2 is a sidescrolling game of action, puzzles and platforming. You play as one of the Three Heroes who make their way through dangers untold in a fantastical fairytale world. The game features an exciting adventure full of action, including physics-based puzzles using fire, water, gravity and magic; wicked goblins as the heroes' adversaries; and a magical environment full of wonder.
Trine 2: Director's Cut has been designed for Wii U and takes advantage of its powerful features, ranging from improved console graphics to new, more intuitive controls on the Wii U GamePad.
Trine 2 also features online cooperative multiplayer support for up to three players, in addition to the local "couch" multiplayer mode.
The upcoming new expansion campaign will also be included in Trine 2: Director's Cut.
Trine 2: Director's Cut (Wii U exclusive & holiday title)
- Director's Cut is "the developers' vision of Trine 2" fully formed
- Physics-based puzzles with fire, water, gravity and magic
- Accessible for both casual and hardcore gamers thanks to the new control system designed for Wii U, taking full advantage of the touch screen for intuitive character controls
- More than 100 improvements to the original game, including polished gameplay features, level geometry adjusts, new vocals and character interactions, and user experience improvements
- Online and local co-op with up to three players, with special multiplayer features for Wii U GamePad and support for up to three Wii Remotes.
- Superb graphics and next-gen visuals using impressive technical effects, making Wii U the definite console version
- Save anywhere to play as long or short sessions as you like and use the Unlimited Character Mode and Game+ for replay value
- Upgrade your characters to suit your play style and to learn amazing new skills
- Hidden collectibles for extra adventuring
- Amazing 19-track fantasy soundtrack
- Full language support for English, French, German and Spanish, and optional subtitling for more than 10 languages
- Campaign support for the new skills from the upcoming expansion
- Director's Cut includes the exclusive Magic Mayhem "party mode" for up to 4 players in online and offline multiplayer
Trine 2 expansion campaign (included in the Director's Cut)
- Add-on content for Trine 2
- A new adventure featuring the Heroes struggling against new goblin villainy
- 5 new levels chock-full of new puzzles, hazards, enemies and contraptions
- New skills for each character with new possibilities for puzzle solving
- Completely new environments ranging from burning desert to snowy mountains to the insides of a giant sand whale