The year is 2010 and the Major Powers of the world as we currently know them have disintegrated into bickering economic and military regions. The United Nations has disappeared, and in its place an organization with far sharper teeth referred to simply as "The World Market" has taken its place. Individual Regions are left to fight for power to dominate their neighbors, their countries, their continents, and then the world.
Supreme Ruler 2010 represents the next generation of strategy game. Not another build and attack 'click fest', but a challenging simulation of political and military leadership. You control the agenda of your region as you maintain its economy, grow the support of your population, and strive to influence your neighbors. Through skilled management your influence and popularity will grow.... Will you be a successful diplomat, who can increase your power through an incredibly flexible diplomacy model, or will you be a ruthless and ambitious ruler that lets your tanks and missiles speak for you?
- Revolutionary campaign system, featuring over 40 game scenarios and over 200 possible starting regions from virtually anywhere in the world.
- Sophisticated Military Strategy and Tactical Command System where you can control battalions directly or give them autonomy by handing control to your military leaders (AI).
- Resource Realism - Not a "Chop Trees / Mine Gold" simplicity but instead the ability to control the manufacturing, consumption, and export of 11 key commodities.
- Hundreds of detailed and accurate Military Units to control - from Battalion to Division (Reviewed by active US Military Personnel and Consultants to Foreign Militaries).
- Economic and Political Model - An incredibly detailed yet easy to manage model with AI Cabinet Ministers that have selectable personalities.
- "Real Time" or "Turn Based" modes for different play styles.
- Flexible Diplomatic Interface that leaves everything on the table during negotiations.
- Powerful system of "Advisors" to avoid unwanted micro-managing.
- Comprehensive and realistic Technology Tree.
- All maps use actual licensed "Real World" satellite imagery courtesy of NASA.
- Map and Scenario Editor - Supports Real or User Created Backgrounds adding to the incredible replayability.
- Multiplayer support for up to 16 players over LAN or Internet.