Spells of Gold is a role-playing game with strong trade influence. The game is set in the world of fantasy, inhabited by humans, beasts, undead ones and other creatures. The universe of the game - Lokatrienn - is large indeed. It consists of a number of separate worlds. Each one has several cities, which represent isolated economic and political systems. The Hero is able to transit from one world to another through special space Gates, called Portals. His main activity is trade, that is buying goods in one town and selling or exchanging them in another. For this purpose the Hero has got a special item - a Magic Sack of Monroke. Thanks to it, he can easily carry a vast amount of goods.
Much has to be undertaken, before the Hero can find more advantageous trade routes and get significant profit. On his way, he is going to meet robbers and bandits, beasts and undead ones. It is easy to guess, that every such meeting will hardly end peacefully. To feel sure and ready for any unexpected accident and adventure, the Hero may choose what he would like to be: he may develop and master his fighting habits and become a Warrior, or he may acquire some magic skills and become a Mage, or specialize in both arts.
As developing his skills and habits, the Hero gets a chance to join one of the Guilds - where he can develop and perfect himself. There are also five different Gods for the Hero to worship. Each God grants special advantages and the unique set of prayers. While traveling over Lokatrienn, trading, fighting and gaining experience, the Hero gradually comprehends the very essence of the Universe. The whole history of the world-creation and the way to change it is revealed to him. The Hero participates in the eternal battle between the Good and the Evil, unravels the mystery of the Dark Aliance, or even finds inconceivable Way of the Chosen...
- Role-playing combined with elements of trade simulation games;
- Non-linear story allows players to replay the game with an entirely new perspective;
- A great number of non-story missions;
- Huge game world inhabited by fantasy creatures;
- Your Hero can choose various ways to earn money for a fairly new piece of armor or a school course;
- Five Gods to worship and five guilds to join;
- Over a hundred cities to visit and trade with;
- Plenty of magic and fighting schools where you can learn as many skills and abilities as you wish;
- Choose your weapon and armor out of 2000 different types;
- And, of course magic. There are nine schools of magic with a variety of spells to help your Hero in his journeys around the world of Spells of Gold.