Spartan is an Empire building turn based strategy game, where the focus is on building an empire through diplomacy, trade, research, and war, but less focus on the battles than you would find in a real-time strategy game. It is designed for people who are interested in the period and those strategy gamers who prefer to have time to think about their decisions.
Can you unite Greece in time to defy the Great King and his mighty Persian Empire?
- Engrossing turn based strategy that builds on the success of Legion & Chariots of War.
- New & beautifully hand-crafted 3D rendered campaign map.
- Upgraded to fully 3D battles with free zoom and rotatable camera.
- Optional 2D battles for low spec machines.
- Innovative "Always Active" 2 player multiplayer over LAN & Internet via Gamespy.
- Use ships to travel from island to island, fight naval battles & perform naval invasions.
- Siege castles and assault them when they are weakened.
- Build city walls armed with catapults and hurl Greek fire onto your enemies, scorching the earth and killing anyone in their path.
- Huge battles allowing twice as many squads as before (up to 16 per side) on battlefields 4 times the size.
- Enhanced diplomacy options, trade agreements, tributes, spying sabotage & more.
- Over 100 different nations on a huge campaign map that spans Greece and the ancient near east.
- Loads of great new Greek & Persian units with hundreds of animations.
- New resources, technologies, nations, leaders, units, structures, events, barbarians & more.
- Mission objectives, historic events & capital cities.
- Epic structures such as the Acropolis, Oracle & the Colossus.
- Compatible with Gates Of Troy, with both games installed, all scenarios and campaigns are available in the Gates Of Troy scenario list.