Developed by Nihilistic Software, Resistance: Burning Skies is the PlayStation Vita debut of the popular PlayStation 3 system first person shooter franchise, Resistance. Resistance: Burning Skies is based on an original story written in conjunction with William C. Dietz, who also authored two novels in the Resistance universe: Resistance: The Gathering Storm and Resistance: A Hole in the Sky. Resistance: Burning Skies introduces fireman Tom Riley, an all-new hero who experiences first-hand the initial days of the assault by overwhelming Chimeran forces on the U.S. eastern seaboard. Set in an alternate universe, the game features unique locations with 1950's Americana, hordes of returning and never-before-seen Chimera, and extraordinary weapons with devastating abilities.
Resistance: Burning Skies stays true to the franchise with classic Chimeran enemies, the signature Weapon Wheel with fan-favorite weapons, and in what has become a staple to all previous Resistance titles: a robust multiplayer experience befitting a world-class shooter franchise.
Nihilistic Software has taken advantage of the unique features of the PS Vita system to create the first true FPS experience on a portable console: dual analog sticks provide precision aiming and navigation, front touch screen functionality allows for easy to use primary and secondary weapon fire, while motion sensor functionality enhances cover based gameplay.
- First fully portable, true FPS experience only available on the PS Vita system.
- Hallmark Resistance experience that stays true to the franchise.
- Experience the initial invasion of the Eastern seaboard through the perspective of firefighter, Tom Riley.
- Increased level of weapon customization, with returning favourites as well as all new weapons - all with a PS Vita system twist.
- Engaging single-player campaign and fully competitive multiplayer experience.