Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles' story is based on Resident Evil 2 and includes the popular characters, Leon S Kenney and Claire Redfield. Its on-rails style gameplay and active camera will create a more immersive "Chronicles" survival experience. As in the last installment, this is a first-person game with extreme shooting gameplay and interactive pathways. Filling in many of the missing pieces of storyline that were not covered in the original "Umbrella Chronicles", Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles will give hardcore fans the chance to re-live some of the most memorable moments of the Resident Evil franchise, while allowing new players to take advantage of the intense action-horror the series delivers.
Gamers can choose to take on their enemies with the help of an A.I.-controlled character or enlist the help of a friend to fight via two-player co-op. Adding new dimension and strategy to the arcade-style gameplay in the "Chronicles" experience, the new Evade system will utilize the Wii Remote for a more intense experience when fighting enemies.
- Two-Player Co-op Shooting: Invite friends and family to experience the horror alongside you in 2-player co-op mode.
- Revisit Classic RE Levels: Experience environments and areas from classic Resident Evil titles such as Raccoon City from Resident Evil 2 and the hidden Umbrella laboratory from Resident Evil: Code Veronica, as well as scenarios that will be all new to Darkside Chronicles.
- Fan Favorite Characters Return: Play as Leon S. Kennedy, protagonist of Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil 4, his partner Claire Redfield, who appeared in Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil: Code Veronica, and others still to be announced.
- New Camera System: Camera now mimics the frenzied viewpoint of the player, allowing for a more cinematic and immersive horror experience
- Customizable Weapons: Players can collect gold to upgrade and customize their weapons for each battle scenario.
- Dynamic Difficulty: In addition to the initial settings of Easy, Normal and Hard, the game's difficulty level will adjust automatically based on the player's skill level so that both old and new fans can have a fun and challenging experience.
- Collectibles Galore: For true Resident Evil devotees, archive items such as characters, enemies, old documents and movies can be found throughout the game.