- Control three different civilisations each featuring a unique set of troops and tactics.
- The disciplined Romans will utilise organisation and flexible formations as a means of overthrowing the enemy.
- Gauls have the power of raw strength and greater flexibility of movement on different terrains as they employ guerrilla warfare tactics.
- The Egyptian priests use a combination of religious fanaticism and advanced science to complement their range of military units.
- Over 20 varied campaign missions.
- Employ the powerful war machines of the Roman army and make the best use of them to protect possessions or to destroy enemy defences and lay siege to their fortresses.
- Different terrain and landscapes play a major part in battle. The AI will understand terrain and its defensive and offensive possibilities and it will also affect unit visibility.
- Up to 8 players can do battle over LAN or Internet.