Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst's story takes place seven years after Pioneer 1 touched down on planet Ragol. As Pioneer 2 arrives to continue the settlement of this new world, contact is lost following a massive explosion on the surface. Players take on the role of a Hunter, Ranger, or Force user, commissioned by the Governor-General to resolve the mystery unfolding on Ragol. And that is just the beginning; starting June 23, SEGA will unveil Episode IV - an original storyline featuring all-new content.
Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst is a network-based RPG featuring real-time action and communication between players over the internet. Unlike its predecessors, Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst introduces server-based storage of player data, thereby freeing players from being confined to playing from any single PC/location. A new team system, enhanced character graphics, and better game controls are some of the other improvements introduced in the continuing evolution of the PSO world.
- Episode IV story arc begins. All-new content continues the exciting PSO storyline.
- Character customization. Choose from 12 different characters and customize them from their faces, clothing and hairstyle to detailed body customization via morphing technology!
- 33 New Quests! Visit the Governor-General to complete 15 quests or the Laboratory to complete 18 more!
- More than 1,000 items available. Find these items to further improve your character.
- Network Game Save. Save your game on the network server in order to play on any computer.
- Team Feature - Keep in touch with other players for the first time! Keep in contact via 'Team Chat'. Compete against other teams in the 'Team point ranking system'.
- Different modes keep the play experience fresh. These include 'Battle Mode', 'Challenge Mode' and 'Go Go Ball Lobby'.