- New battle system - Players will gain access to the fighting styles of not only the main character but up to five unique sub-characters.
- Enhanced sword action - A simple control system allows players to easily execute a new set of moves called 'Oghi' which deal devastating combos
- New and diverse environments - As players progress through Onimusha 2: Samurai's Destiny they will delight in the diversity of settings, exploring the lively gold rush town of Imashou, the mysterious Ogre Island with its legions of demons as well as foggy canyons, hidden forests, a gold mine, caves and more.
- Features music from world-renowned composer Taro Iwashiro.
- Realistic presentation - Onimusha 2: Samurai's Destiny will feature twice the amount of CG storyline sequences as its predecessor.