Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm Of Zehir is the second expansion to Neverwinter Nights 2 and will deliver an engrossing D&D® experience in the tradition of the Neverwinter Nights franchise. Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir hearkens back to the days of the Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale franchises by including full party customization, dungeon crawling, and free exploration of a non-linear game world via an Overland Map.
In the aftermath of the defeat of the King of Shadows, the Sword Coast is in the midst of an uneasy economic recovery. Trade syndicates have sprung up to exploit the post-war confusion for their own ends. The player's party will wade into this uncertain environment; in order to increase their own fortunes they can either ally with a syndicate to create a trade empire, or cut their own path through Faerûn by preying upon caravans and selling the goods on the black market. As they attempt to extend their influence, players will become aware of a new faction working behind the scenes: the evil, shapeshifting, serpentine Yuan-Ti.
- Developed by Obsidian Entertainment: one of the premier independent development studios in the world;
- Overland Map: Travel the Sword Coast and Samarach using the open ended exploration of the new Overland Map. Use skills like Spot and Survival while on the Overland Map to avoid ambushes and even find hidden locales and lost artefacts;
- Create your own full party of adventurers: Devastate your foes with a squad of fireball-flinging Sorcerers, form a solid wall of steel with a party of Fighters, or strike the perfect balance in your party by spreading out the classes you choose for your characters;
- Improved party gameplay: Players can participate in streamlined party conversations and a new Teamwork Benefit System;
- World reaction: The world's economy reacts to your adventures and choices. And, through trading and quests, you can expand your merchant company into a massive trading empire.