In Megaman X Command Mission, Mega Man must infiltrate Giga City Island to thwart the evil plans of the Liberion Army who have initiated a riot on the isle. By choosing from a selection of seven different playable characters including Megaman, Zero, Axl and four characters new to the Megaman universe, gamers construct a three-member attack force to help bring peace to the region once and for all. It is up to gamers, to create a dream team of Megaman's allies and reploid friends and stop the destructive battle that has begun on Giga City Island.
Megaman X Command Mission will feature exciting action RPG-style combat and a revolutionary "Cross Order System" that allows flawless execution of special and finishing attack moves on enemies. Character building will be a crucial aspect of the game and by using super-energy metals called "Force Metals," weapons, abilities and attack moves can be upgraded, vastly improving the overall performance of characters.
- The first RPG in the Megaman universe - Megaman X Command Mission features role playing game (RPG) style combat and action elements to create a unique blue bomber experience.
- An all-star cast - Megaman will not be alone in his fight. Joining him will be Axl and Zero, as well as a cast of characters new to the Megaman Universe.
- New heroes join the Megaman series, each with their own unique ability or weapon:
- Cinnamon has healing abilities
- Marino specializes in ninja tactics
- Masimo wields an axe
- Spider carries playing cards
- "Cross Order System" - This new system interface displays the turn order and health. With a little luck, gamers can steal an enemy's energy and finish them with a deadly "final strike" attack combo.