Medieval II: Total War is the latest game in the award-winning and critically acclaimed Total War series. A follow-up to 2005's Strategy Game of the year - Rome: Total War - Medieval II: Total War is a visually stunning game that spans four and half centuries of the most turbulent era in Western history, from 1080 to 1530, encompassing the golden age of chivalry, the Crusades, the proliferation of gunpowder, rise of professional armies, the Renaissance and the discovery of America.
Players will embark on a Grand Campaign to take control of their kingdom and cultivate it into a continents-spanning empire using whatever it takes ‑ including diplomacy, trade, religion, espionage and of course war. Leading armies across Europe, the Middle East, and even the Americas, players will encounter brutal real-time battles and the pure bloodlust of medieval warfare. As players progress, they will shape their empires by strategically determining whether to build castles for military power or cities for technology and trade, giving Medieval II: Total War a more emergent depth of gameplay.
With Medieval II: Total War, The Creative Assembly raises the spectacle of the Total War series to a whole new level by completely upgrading the game's battlefield rendering system, devising new methods for building and rendering cities and heavily revising the game's combat animation system. With over 10,000 troops now to command and hundreds of unit types, players can experience massive battles in graphically rich environments enhanced by dynamic weather effects and vastly diverse terrain. Medieval II: Total War provides players the reigns to experience and rewrite one of the most fascinating periods of history to become the greatest power of the Middle Ages.
- Stunning Graphics are cinematically presented and have twice the detail and richness of Rome: Total War.
- Enhanced animations and finishing moves create fluid and realistic action onscreen.
- Unique blend of visceral real-time combat and grand empire building.
- Greater variety of new factions, units, and imperial agents.
- Improved individual units with different faces, clothing, armor and shields, swinging different weapons and riding various horses.
- Historical authenticity offers players a chance to learn about the Crusades, Renaissance and the discovery of the Americas.
- New multiplayer modes offer greater and more exciting challenges.
- Improved accessibility - including integrated tutorial and AI advisors - will walk new players through the Total War experience.