Max Payne is a man with nothing to lose in the violent, cold urban night. A fugitive undercover cop framed for murder, and now hunted by cops and the mob. Max is a man with his back against the wall, fighting a battle he cannot hope to win. Prepare for a new breed of deep action game. Prepare for pain...
- The city locations are believable - from dirty garbage strewn industrial lots to opulent condos for society�s rich (and corrupt) � all rendered in amazingly lifelike detail.
- Remedy�s 3D engine (MAX-FX) pushes accelerated gaming even further � level of detail, particle effects and a skeletal animation system result in smooth vividly recreated environments, natural character movement (even clothes move) and facial expressions.
- Though action orientated � Max Payne is story-driven - investigation and clue finding will be important aspects of gameplay, as is dialogue with other characters.
- The slow motion sequences are a unique feature to Max Payne � not only do they enhance the overall movie-feel with set-pieces, but are also used as visual treats for players as they satisfyingly watch their bullet tear through from point A to B.
- Another novel feature is using graphic novel-style panels during �level loading� screens � keeping players involved in the on-going story, and readying them for the next scene.
- The Combat and action sequences � are straight out of a Hong-Kong movie � Max can combine dives and rolls as bullets zing around him whilst loosing both barrels � and of course there�s those low motion sequences for a particularly well-aimed shot.
- Weapons are real - with a realistic feel, behavior (muzzle flash, ricochets), and effects � a leg-shot will have Max limping along dripping blood, whilst a bullet to the chest will mean game-over, but not before you get to see a nice slow-mo exit wound!
- The game will be also be shipped with an impressive package of drag n� drop editing tools.