The latest chapter in the Lost Planet series comes to Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Windows PC in early 2013. The extreme and unpredictable conditions that characterized the Lost Planet series return, harsher than ever before. Lost Planet 3 reveals new truths about the foreboding planet and the colonial history of E.D.N. III.
Lost Planet 3 introduces Jim Peyton, a rig pilot who leaves Earth to take on a hazardous but lucrative contract on E.D.N. III. Working for Neo-Venus Construction (NEVEC) who are preparing the planet for colonization, Jim joins his fellow pioneers at the Coronis base and begins surveying the uncharted terrain and obtaining samples of the planet's energy supply - Thermal Energy.
With NEVEC's existing Thermal Energy reserve running low, the fate of the Coronis mission depends on the natural source of the energy supply being located. Realizing that this is a great opportunity for a huge pay-off and an early ticket home to his family, Jim braves the risk of the treacherous environment.
Lost Planet 3 delivers a mix of both first and third person action. Acting as a home away from home and offering protection from the ever changing climate, Jim soon discovers the utility rig's array of tools are just as useful at taking out Akrid as they are at helping him fulfill his contract work. Outside the rig, the action switches to third person with Jim at the mercy of the elements. He'll need to battle against hostile enemies with a mix of gun and melee based combat while also surviving the forces of nature.
With a number of multiplayer modes and a compelling single player experience, Lost Planet 3 will delve deeper into the Lost Planet universe, uncovering hidden truths within the unique and dynamic environment of E.D.N. III.
- Return to extreme conditions - Taking the series back to its roots, Lost Planet 3 returns to E.D.N. III, delivering a dynamic game world that's more dangerous than ever before
- Brave the terrifying - Play as blue collar worker Jim Peyton, risking assignments in treacherous conditions to earn his hazard pay and return home to his family
- Home away from home - Protect yourself from hostile Akrid and the unpredictable ice storms on E.D.N. III with your utility rig. Equipped with an assortment of tools you'll need to learn to use the rig to your advantage in order to survive
- Gameplay variety - Offering a mix of first person combat in the rig and third person gunplay on foot
- Stormy weather - The ever changing weather system of E.D.N. III affects the way you play with conditions that create an imposing environment players will need to adapt to
- Intense, cinematic experience -Developed with the Unreal Engine 3, Lost Planet 3 presents a visually stunning and unique terrain that impacts the gameplay
- Killer enemies - The Akrid are back, bigger, angrier and demanding of a more tactical approach during combat
- Save your energy! - Harvest energy by planting thermal posts and use the supply to upgrade your weapons. The longer you leave your post in the ground, the more energy you'll source... but this reward brings with it the threat of increasing Akrid reproduction, adding even more risks to the unstable environment. Will the reward be worth the risk?
- Reveal the hidden truths of E.D.N. III - The uncharted world has many secrets locked away. Jim's search for Thermal Energy will ultimately reveal further mysteries
- Lonely Planet? - Lost Planet 3 will support a full set of multiplayer modes that enhance players experience of the Lost Planet world