An incredible journey through four great mythologies, Loki allows the player to take-on the role of one of four heroes : a mighty Norse warrior, a fierce Greek fighter, a powerful Egyptian sorcerer or a skilled Aztec shaman. Each comes from a different mythological background and each has different strengths and skills and, therefore, radically different ways of fighting.
During an epic adventure, the player will give battle to a multitude of enemies. Hundreds of creatures and opponents of every kind have been created for the game, so that the player is going to have to fight his/her way past skeletons, giant spiders, centaurs, mummies, harpies, wild animals, a vast array of soldiers, ...... culminating in the showdowns with formidable bosses such as Medusa, Fenrir the wolf or Fafnir the dragon. Each boss has a particular way of fighting so the player must discover his weak points.
As the hero(ine) advances through the game he/she will be able to collect or exchange thousands of items, including 500 unique objects, such as Thor's hammer or Achilles' armour.
The on-screen character evolves by completing quests (over 50) or by destroying enemies along the way. Weapons and armour that he/she acquires can be customised at a blacksmith's workshop, improving technical or magical properties and, in doing so, creating original items of great value. In each of the four worlds the player will become part of a great historical or mythological event : the fall of Troy, the Spanish invasion of Central America, Ragnarok, ....) and he/she will encounter great historical or mythological characters : Achilles, Thor, Akhenaton, Cortes, ...
Whatever hero(ine) the player adopts, he/she will come to the aid of the gods. It will soon become obvious that the world is threatened by Seth, the Egyptian god of chaos and evil who has returned to life. In order to put an end to Seth's wicked plans the player will undertake a terrifying voyage through an ever-changing myriad of environments (guaranteed by a random generation of levels), ensuring infinite replayability.
- An epic saga that takes the player through 4 great mythologies : Norse, Greek, Aztec and Egyptian. The player will take part in major historical/mythological events (siege of Troy, the fall of the Aztec empire, Ragnarok, ....) and will meet legendary figures (Achilles, Thor, .....)
- Play the game as one of 4 different hero(ine)s with radically different strengths and fighting styles. Worship different gods in order to take advantage of the more than 200 different skills.
- Fight against hundreds of enemies and monsters.
- Take-on great mythological beasts (Fenrir the wolf, Fafnir, the dragon, the Minotaur, Medusa, ...)
- Never play the same game twice due to the random generation of levels.
- Customise weapons and armour by visiting the blacksmith's forge. Disassemble and rebuild different weapons with new attributes and increase their magical powers with runes.
- Play the adventure with your friends as part of a group or take-on others in PvP mode inside a dedicated on-line arena or dice with death by taking-up one of the on-line challenges.