Set in the world of the Heretic Kingdoms, a world where God is dead and religion heresy, you are cast as a young female inquisitor, working to stamp out the last remnants of religion. On instructions to destroy a relic which the Inquisition considers to be a significant threat, you are drawn into a war between two warring secret societies - a conspiracy of mages whose goal is true power, and a shadowy cult who seeks to resurrect the Dead God.
As the story progresses, you will be placed in an amoral world and left to decide your own morality. Just like the real world, your actions have consequences, and it is up to you to decide if you can live with them or not. Play as an altruistic heroine, a vicious and selfish egotist or just a woman trying to get her job done - your actions will lead you to one of six different endings depending on where you decide your loyalties lie. Will you crush religion underfoot, or become its saviour? Only you can decide.
Featuring a vast world to explore containing around fifty locations, scores of unique monsters and more than fifty quests, all of which affect the people or the balance of power in the kingdom of Corwenth and its neighbours, and a simple but rewarding combat system that keeps the action flowing thick and fast, Kult Heretic Kingdoms is an essential purchase for any fans of fantasy storytelling or computer RPGs.
- Over 50 quests with multiple outcomes, allowing you to decide the morality of your character.
- Around 50 beautifully rendered locations, set in isometric view for ease of exploration.
- More than 30 monsters, each with their own habitat.
- When dungeons have been cleared, new monsters gradually move in and take their place - affect the population of a dungeon by what you choose to kill.
- Take the weapons and armour from your foes and use them as your own, and find unique items and weapons from legendary times.
- Unique Attunement system allows you to empower your character dynamically - choose the path of the mage, and attune yourself to magic, or the path of the warrior and master devastating Criticals. Change your Attunements each day to explore new options.
- Over 100 Attunements for maximum choice of expression.
- Dialogue Engine that reflects the changing nature of the world in reaction to the player's actions.
- Quick Bar allows easy access to your weaponry and items.
- Unique healing system - no need to drag around thousands of healing potions. Instead, you will have to be careful not to stay in the thick of battle for too long, as your healing items can only patch you up a certain amount before you need real medical attention.
- Tactical battle options as you shift into the arcane realm of the Dreamworld - a dimension parallel to mundane reality. Alternatively, use the Dreamworld to talk to the dead to aid you in your quests.
- Your actions will lead you to one of six different endings at the climax of the story.