In Just Cause, you take on the role of the flamboyant Rico Rodriguez - an undercover CIA operative specialising in regime change - as he tries to overthrow the corrupt government of San Esperito. This rogue South American island is suspected of stockpiling WMDs and it's your job to negate the threat to world peace. It could be to your advantage that this tropical paradise is about to implode as various factions vie for power - it just needs a gentle nudge in the right direction.
Just Cause offers the freedom to tackle your assignment however you want: play the island's factions off against one another; incite a rebellion among the masses; or build alliances with rebel forces and drug cartels. The incredibly detailed game world consists of 1,225 sq. miles of mountains, jungles, beaches, cities and villages which can be explored by land, sea and air. And you will have at your disposal one of the most varied and exciting array of vehicles, planes and watercraft ever seen in a video game.
- Your playground - 1,024 sq kilometres of mountains, jungles, beaches, cities, and villages to explore, quite possibly the largest environment ever seen in the gaming world.
- Freeform gameplay - approach missions in any way you like, or break off from the fight and enjoy exploring the islands landscape.
- Massive selection of vehicles - Numerous varied, exciting land, sea and air vehicles.
- Wealth of missions - story missions, side-missions, bonus missions and many more all ensure there is plenty of action spread throughout the islands.
- Stunts - jump from vehicle-to-vehicle, parachute, parasail, skydive and base-jump.
- Province Control - change the balance of power in the game world by building alliances with the local guerrillas and drug cartel.
- Support team - Sheldon and Kane, two top secret US goverment agency field operatives, will provide you with reconnaissance info, extraction and vehicle drops.
- Avalanche Engine - procedurally generated landscape delivers a huge game world with an incredibly high level of detail while eliminating loading times.