The game sees the player take the role of a governor of a Roman province and strive to build a well-organised, prosperous and commanding settlement.
Set in the time-honoured Roman Empire players will marvel at the incredible attention to detail, as they construct fortifications, build towers, gates and bridges, and pay for them with the new currency which has been implemented into the game for a challenging, enjoyable, and authentic quest to rule the World.
- History mode with timeline, where missions are based on real events and locations.
- Interactive mission mode: the players activate the goals when they choose.
- Improved battle system where players commands their own armies.
- Player-constructible bridges, fortifications, walls, towers and gates.
- Introduction of currency, crime, historically accurate buildings, natural disasters, and siege machines.
- New interface design, and improved economy and overview dialogues.