Take to the skies once again in the latest title in the successful IL-2 Sturmovik series. IL-2 Sturmovik Birds of Prey is the most ambitious title to date as it features scalable gameplay geared towards newcomers to flying games, as well as the more seasoned flight sim fans alike.
IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey is based around the large-scale aerial combat and ground military operations of World War II. Players can participate in some of the War's most famous battles piloting fighters, battle planes, and heavy bombers across a range of thrilling missions. There are six theatres of war to engage in - The Battle of Britain, Stalingrad, Berlin, Sicily, The Battle of the Bulge and Korsun; representing the main airborne battles of World War II in Europe.
The game also boasts an all new damage effects engine as well as advanced environmental visuals enriching the game play. Players can see real time damage to the aircraft such as holes in the wings and trail lines during dog fights. IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey features hundreds of airplanes taking part in air battles and allows you to pilot 40 of the most recognisable planes from the period. The unique environmental engine also produces highly detailed, realistic landscapes that allow players to see breathtaking ground support actions from above.
- Authentic World War II atmosphere: Cutting edge, highly-detailed visuals bring the epic battles to life
- Engage in more than 50 thrilling missions: Relive 5 famous historical battles over Eastern and Western Europe
- Historically accurate aircrafts: Experience over 40 planes including fighters, battle planes and bombers. Learn to master the Spitfire, Mustang, Messerschmitt and many more...
- Flexible difficulty level system: Choose settings from arcade to realistic simulation to cater for all flying skills
- Thrilling multiplayer modes: 4 modes to choose from Dogfight, Team Deathmatch, Ground Strike, and Capture the Airstrip
- Realistic sound effects: engine and gun sound effects recorded from period planes with original music from Jeremy Soule as a backdrop to the frenetic action.