Why save the world when you can rule it? GoldenEye: Rogue Agent goes where no previous James Bond game has dared to tread, giving you the chance to cross over to the dark side of the Bond universe to experience life as a high-rolling, cold-hearted villain.
The focus of this first-person shooter shifts from that of 007 himself to the corrupt underworld and its criminal masterminds. As an aspiring 00 agent dismissed from MI6 for reckless brutality, you're recruited by Auric Goldfinger in a ruthless war against Dr. No for control of the Bond underworld. A brutal encounter with Dr. No costs you an eye, but Goldfinger's technicians replace it with a gold-hued, synthetic and upgradeable eye, earning you the name 'GoldenEye'.
Wreak havoc as you make your unrelenting rise through the ranks of villainy. Encounter such legendary allies and enemies as Oddjob, Dr. No, Goldfinger, Scaramanga, Xenia Onatopp, and Pussy Galore on globe-spanning missions of vengeance and demolition.
Villains rule in GoldenEye: Rogue Agent.
- Your upgradeable synthetic eye introduces new methods of mayhem as you master an entirely new level of interaction beyond traditional FPS mechanics. See enemies through cover using MRI vision, manipulate electronics and weapons using the EM Hack, deflect damage with the EM Shield, and send enemies flying across the room with the Magnetic Field.
- E.V.I.L. AI engine motivates enemies to react intelligently to your actions and their surroundings to make every shootout more believable, intense, and unpredictable.
- Fully integrated single-player, multiplayer split-screen, and online gameplay for the PlayStation 2 computer entertainment system and Xbox video game system from Microsoft.
- Featured game modes include story-based campaign missions, deathmatch style simulator trials, and objective-based team war games.
- Fight with and against legendary villains and Bond girls such as Oddjob, Dr. No, Goldfinger, Scaramanga, Xenia Onatopp, and Pussy Galore.
- Travel to famous Bond locations such as the top of the Golden Gate Bridge from A View to a Kill, the Pyramids from The Spy who Loved Me and the satellite Uplink from GoldenEye as well as original locations including Auric Enterprises, Hoover Dam, and Hong Kong.
- World-renowned DJ Paul Oakenfold is composing an original score and creating the game's overarching musical personality with hard-driving, rhythmic beats hand-crafted for every mission.
- Hollywood talent roster includes Christopher Lee, who is reprising his role as the villainous Francisco Scaramanga from The Man with the Golden Gun and Judi Dench, who returns as M and has appeared in four James Bond films to date.
- Rounding out the talent behind the game is Academy Award-winning Production Designer Sir Ken Adam (James Bond series), Costume Designer Kym Barrett (The Matrix trilogy), and Character Designer Rene Morel (Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within).