Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee pits gamers as their favorite giant monster against other escapees from Monster Island.
In addition to the single-player Adventure Mode, the game includes four additional play styles: Versus Mode, a one on one epic battle royal; Destruction Mode, a timed challenge to see which player can destroy more of a city in a given amount of time; Survival Mode, the ultimate test of a player's skill, pitting him against monster after monster with the score based on the number of enemies defeated before losing a match; and Melee Mode; a one-to-four player points-based multiplayer slugfest.
- New monster: Mechagodzilla 3 (from the latest Godzilla film release in Japan) joins the cast.
- New arenas: Vortaak Home World. The alien's home world, features new challenges like volcanoes, spaceship launchers, installation-protection missiles, and plenty of alien buildings to throw. Boxing Ring, the largest boxing ring in the world constructed for monster battles complete with ropes, bells and blimps.
- New Computer AI: One gamer can now play a four-player melee or team game against the Xbox Artificial Intelligence.
- Single-player Destruction Mode: Players can rip up a city-all by themselves.
- Soundtrack support: Rip tunes to the Xbox hard drive and play your own tracks while you're fighting as your favorite giant monsters.
- Xbox Advantage Controls: The extra buttons on the Xbox make it easier to grab monsters and buildings. In addition, the Xbox features improved responsiveness, combos and collision detection.
- Better visuals: The unmatched graphical prowess of the Xbox hardware allows for better visuals treats, like reflection maps on buildings, true bump mapping, improved animations, smokestacks that emit smoke, better impact effects, specular highlights, bright high-resolution skies, improved lighting model, improved terrain, high resolution city selection movies and high resolution textures.
- Improved Speed: Solid frame-rate and faster loading times.
- Multiple Saved Games: Up to four players can save their progress on the Xbox hard drive.