With over 5,000 fully destructible objects on every track as well as 40 deformable parts on each vehicle, physical interaction in a racing game is taken to unprecedented heights with the destructive element influencing players racing tactics like no other driving game on the market. With a greater emphasis placed on causing destruction on the track by offering greater rewards, game play will be even more frantic than ever. Drivers will need to tear into competitors' cars, trash the local scenery thereby littering the track with all manner of obstacles. All in the attempt to wreck their opponents race enabling the collection of maximum performance and cash bonuses, while at the same time trying to concentrate on their own race in a bid to cross the line first.
And with the ever popular Rag Doll mini-games from the original FlatOut making a welcome return and better than ever with 12 Rag Doll events, a Rag Doll Championship as well as online support for Rag Dolls, FlatOut 2 is set to be the biggest, brashest and most destructive action racing game of 2006.
- The inclusion of an enhanced Championship Mode. Multiple cups across increasing difficultly levels, each cup contains a series of races that the player competes in for accumulated totals of money and points.
- Online multiplayer modes for all formats, the PS2 and PC versions for the very first time! Up to 6 player on PS2 and 8 player on Xbox and PC
- Offline Multiplayer modes on all formats via split screen for up to 4 players
- Improved physics engine for an even greater racing feel
- Drive at eye watering speeds on the fast tracks with extra nitro boost rewards
- Improved opponent AI. Each AI driver now has their own character, biography and individual driving personalities
- Unlockable bonus items for the first time including bonus cars, Championship Cups and Destruction Arenas.
- Set in the US (the original was set in Europe)
- 34 vehicles as opposed to the original games' 16
- Additional car types including Muscle cars, Sports cars, Pickup Trucks and Compacts (the original only contained Muscle cars)
- The inclusion of a garage for the first time to allow the owning of multiple vehicles
- Increased number of race environments including Big City, LA Storm Drains, Rocky Mountain Forest, Corn Fields and Desert
- 60 track combinations over the originals' 36
- Alternate track routes included for the first time and the AI use them.
- Twice as many Destruction Derby Arenas (six as opposed to the originals' 3)
- Twice as many Rag Doll Mini Games (12 compared to the originals' 6)