Poised to defend its title as the #1 rated hockey video game, ESPN NHL Hockey returns to the ice with the confidence of a seasoned veteran. Improved player control, an all-new fighting engine and lightning fast gameplay truly capture the feel and pace of NHL-caliber hockey. Plus, breakthrough new ways to play including online leagues, multi-player mini-games and a deeper franchise mode add endless replay value to an already robust lineup of features. With an exclusive ESPN presentation system -- including on-ice action called by Gary Thorne and Bill Clement -- ESPN NHL Hockey 2005 makes skating with the NHLs elite a reality!
- Intense Contact Controls - A completely re-designed fighting engine offers full-movement fighting -- including grappling, dodge, grab, and multiple punch moves -- while improved checks and new contact moves help keep your opponent at bay.
- The NHLs Elite - The Dream Team Challenge pits you against a ladder of all-star teams hand-selected by the some of hockeys most colorful personalities
- Expanded Skybox - Deeper and more interactive than before, this seasons Skybox features more than150 unlockables, including more retro jerseys, remote outdoor locations and more.
- Full Stick Control - Execute sliding poke checks, swipe at loose pucks and more with new defensive stick controls that give you hands-on stick movement in a variety of defensive situations.
- Best presentation on the market -The exclusive ESPN presentation system has been enhanced with locker room and JumboTron cut scenes, more commentary, more crowd chants, more music with custom sound tracks, and yes, ice girls.