Earth Defence Force 2017 lands players on the front lines of an onslaught of extraterrestrial invaders, with non-stop swarms of hundreds of enemies on screen at once. Gamers aren't alone. Not only do they have more than 150 weapon variations to choose from--including assault rifles, rocket launchers and flamethrowers--but they have the support of AI-controlled Earth Defence Force team mates who battle beside them throughout the game. Players can also join forces with live team mates in co-op mode and battle together. Fighting within a wholly destructible environment where bridges, skyscrapers and other structures can just as easily be destroyed by friend or foe, players can either save their world or demolish it in the process. With more than 50 missions to complete and a seemingly endless barrage of attackers, the Earth Defence Force has their work cut out for them.
- Epic Battles Against Hordes Of Alien Invaders: Players will face off against a wide variety of attackers ranging from giant ants and spiders to robots and monsters standing more than 20 stories tall. With non-stop swarms of literally hundreds of enemies on screen at once, these chaotic battles are like nothing you have ever played.
- A Mighty Arsenal Of Weapons of Mass Destruction: You will be armed to the teeth with 7 types of destructive weapons with more than 150 variations - assault rifles, rocket launchers, flamethrowers, grenades and more.
- More Than 50 Missions: Engage the enemy in more than 50 all-out battles. Battle alongside your EDF squad through city streets, underground caves, coastal zones and more to repel the alien attackers on all fronts.
- Military Vehicles At Your Command: Take control of battle tanks, armoured mechs, attack helicopters and hover bikes to help complete your mission.
- No Man Fights Alone: Though the odds may seem impossible, you are not alone. Fighting by your side are your AI controlled EDF team mates. This crew of soldiers will fearlessly charge into battle and assist you throughout the game.