Dragonshard is a real-time strategy game based on the exciting new Dungeons & Dragons universe, Eberron, a cinematic and war-torn world of action, adventure and intrigue where fantasy meets magical technology. Developed by Liquid Entertainment, Dragonshard incorporates classic role-playing themes, a powerful and dynamic real-time strategy engine all woven together with a rich storyline involving a global conflict for an immensely powerful artefact with the power to change the fate of Eberron itself.
The Dragonshard takes place at time when the world of Eberron is in chaos. Three forces are vying for control of a massive dragonshard, known as the Heart of Siberys. The ancient artefact has come to rest in a mystical part of Eberron known as Xen'drik; once home to ancient and powerful civilizations; it is now a place of mystery and monsters. Shielded by a circle of high mountains and blanketed by never-ending tempests and blizzards, this region has been shunned for millennia.
Each of the three warring factions in Dragonshard has its own role to play in the overall story of the game. One force is looking to free the power within the ancient shard and use it to further its own self-righteous cause - it is The Order of the Silver Flame. A second faction has been expelled from its ancestral homes and has come seeking a dark tool for revenge - these are the Umbragen. The third force in Dragonshard remains veiled and mysterious, its intentions unknown.
- Dragonshard is the first game ever set in the highly-anticipated D&D world of Eberron and the first modern real-time strategy game based on the D&D universe.
- Dual Layer Play allows gamers to seamlessly participate in two distinct styles of gameplay - the above ground where massive battles reign supreme and the underground where parties crawl through dungeons in search of treasure and more.
- Fully-realized RPG advancement system for units based on the popular D&D rule set. Teach your rogues to spot traps in the underground or your clerics to heal your armies in the above ground.
- Classic D&D monsters straight out of the Monster Manual, including dragons, beholders, bugbears, trolls, zombies and more.
- Story developed by the creator of Eberron, Keith Baker.
- Robust single-player campaign and extensive multiplayer experience.