Darkwatch is a cinematic 1st person shooter (FPS) blending the Vampire-Horror and Western genres!
They grind their enemies for fuel, fashion their skin into protective cloaks and create weapons designed to exterminate en masse, and they're the good guys! They are the Darkwatch, a mysterious secret society that has protected humanity from evil since the dawn of civilization. Their newest and most deadly agent is Jericho Cross, an outlaw gunslinger pulled into their ranks by an unfortunate close encounter with a vampire lord.
Jericho's only chance of regaining his stolen humanity is to pursue the Vampire Lord Trough an American Frontier overrun by evil minions. Along the way Jericho relies on his deadly gun-fighting skills and advanced weapons and vehicles created by the Darkwatch, owing as much to sorcery as to technology. As half-vampire, his superhuman abilities allow him to move, see and take damage no living man could. When he's in tight spot or needs an extra burst of speed, he can summon his demonic horse from the very ground he stands on, firing his weapons from horse-back or crushing the rotten skulls of undead opponents with flailing hooves.
To fight a monster, one must become a monster. Jericho Cross had no choice... but only he can save the West and his own soul from eternal damnation.
- Blast through a frightening re-imagination of the Wild West, with explosive FPS action framed by a cinematic storyline, and exceptional art and design work inspired by both Vampire-Horror and Western genres.
- Unique weapons, powerful assault vehicles, horse-mounted gunfighting and special vampire abilities bring new depth to FPS gameplay in both single and multiplayer.
- Take the "un" out of "undead" in a variety of ways with a wide assortment of "Darkwatch-enhanced" weapons, including pistols, rifles, shotguns, rocket-launchers, dynamite and even weapon-specific melee attacks.
- Experience a "living west" with massive seamless worlds, non-linear missions and dynamic enemy and NPC A.I. driven by a reputation and experience system.
- Location-specific damage brings precision to gunplay - tear the undead to pieces, or taunt the pesky living by shooting off hats or making them dance to your bullets.
- Play in co-op mode with a friend as a Darkwatch Regulator and experience additional content unique to the PS2.