"Darkstar One" is a game that is primarily story-based and therefore pre-defined; however, "Darkstar One" also offers a fantastic amount of freedom of choice for the players.
The story-based missions gradually lead the player deeper into the galaxy to new races, new technologies and ever stronger opponents. More and more solar systems will become available and may be visited. The artifacts of an ancient race, which are hidden in these solar systems, are essential to upgrade the player ship - the Darkstar One.
Additionally, our hero urgently requires credits in order to purchase better equipment such as weapons and shields. This is where the freedom of choice is applied as the player will be able to earn credits in many different ways: assignments, bounty hunting, piracy, smuggling, trading, escorting, transport, rewards...
- Elaborate story, related by more than fifty minutes of video sequences.
- Upgradeable space ship "Darkstar One": The player decides which type of spacecraft he prefers - a fast attack ship with many light weapons or a near-invincible cruiser with heavy weaponry.
- Over two hundred different weapons, shields and equipment items.
- Rockets, torpedoes and mines feature special tactical uses: mines can tactically fire at opponents or distract approaching missiles.
- The "Spell Weapon": the player will have a special weapon at his disposal that will have an area of effect similar to certain spells in role-playing games. This weapon will become increasingly versatile throughout the game and it will increase the tactical potential considerably.
- A vast, simulated universe with numerous, completely different races, space ships and battle tactics.
- Each race features distinctive weapon types with different functions that require different battle tactics. The player will be able to acquire these weapons in order to mount them on the "Darkstar One".
- Special missions, for example in canyons, on the surface of planets or inside of planets
- Freedom of choice: the player may earn his credits in many ways, i.e. fighting, piracy, assignments, smuggling, trading, escorting, transporting, rewards ...
- Follow your own path, be it "good" or "bad", and take advantage of political disputes.
- Compatible with mouse, joystick and gamepad.