Now it's the player in control - choosing the team, the car and the championships over eight countries from UK and Finland to Australia and the USA. The game delivers exhilarating Championship, Rally and Stages gaming modes, each with single player or multiplayer options that offer co-operative and competitive team challenges.
In Championship, compete in a full rally season or specialise in a 4-wheel drive championship, a 2-wheel drive championship, create your own Custom Rally or drive the ultimate Expert Championship. With its tough damage settings and ultra-competitive AI drivers, the Expert Championship demands the best performance from the most die-hard rally fan as they compete at the highest level yet seen in a rally video game.
Colin McRae Rally 04 introduces a new element to championship rally gaming - testing car parts to provide the team with new advantageous technology. The tests take place in different countries and are each specifically designed around the technology the player is testing - be it an engine, tyres or a suspension test. Complete a test challenge and the new technology becomes an available option for your rally car, increasing the chance of success against the competition as the season continues.
- Choose from over 20 rally cars and compete in 8 game modes including 4-wheel drive, 2-wheel drive, Group B and Expert Championships (with single and multiplayer options).
- New, faster game engine for improved textures, new animated environments, and incredibly detailed terrain visuals. Enhanced replay cameras and new in-game "bumper cam" also feature.
- 8 international rally locations (UK, Sweden, USA, Finland, Australia, Spain, Greece, Japan), 6 rally stages in each, 8 shakedown events, and 4 Superspecial stages.
- Part testing challenges - earn new car technology by completing part tests between rallies.
- Masses of multiplayer modes and ghost car racing.
- Create your own Custom Rally with favourites stages or themed stages.
- Full set-up and repair options and detailed pre-race stage briefings.
- Normal, advanced and expert damage settings. Plus 'damage cam': see the impact on your car post-race.