Experience life behind the eyes of Richard B. Riddick as he sets foot inside Butcher Bay, the toughest prison this side of hell. Set before the events of both Universal Pictures' upcoming summer release The Chronicles of Riddick, starring Vin Diesel, and the 2000 cult classic Pitch Black, which first introduced Diesel as enigmatic anti-hero Riddick, the game tells the story of Riddick's dramatic escape from the previously inescapable triple max security slam Butcher Bay, home to the most violent prisoners in the galaxy.
As Riddick, players have one singular goal - escape from the slam by any and all means necessary. As this least likely of heroes, players must draw on their character's brains and brutality to attempt the unthinkable - escape from Butcher Bay.
Played from a primarily first-person perspective (with special third- person actions), players will have to make maximum use of their environments to achieve their escape, including using shadows, subterfuge and distractions to avoid patrols. Moving and attacking in darkness is particularly effective for Riddick as his haunting "eye shine" gives him the ability to see without ambient light. However, stealth won't serve every situation and players will be able to take the action up close and personal. As Riddick, players will be able to sneak up behind enemies and snap necks or fight face to face using fists, elbows and grapples. Additionally, players will be able to capture weapons such as shanks, shotguns, or assault rifles and use these to cut a swath of destruction through anyone who gets in their way.
- An intense original storyline reveals secrets of Riddick's past and epic destiny to come
- Groundbreaking 3D graphics technology creates ultra-realistic harsh environments, dimly lit corridors, and hazardous areas
- Revolutionary game design fuses frenetic First Person Shooter action, stealth and brutal hand-to-hand combat
- Use the dark corners and vast catacombs of Butcher Bay to your advantage. As Riddick, players can jump, climb, shimmy across ledges or climb hand-over-hand to avoid guards or roaming prison gangs. Additionally, Riddick's night vision "eye-shine" allows him to own the darkness and turn from prey to predator.
- Arm yourself with a arsenal of vicious prison weapons such as shivs, clubs and brass knuckles or gear-up with the latest in riot and assault weaponry including a handgun, tranquilizer gun, shotgun, assault rifle and minigun
- Bring the fight up close and personal with a variety of first person melee moves such as stealth neckbreaks, punches, combos and countermoves.
- Interact with a vast array of dynamic characters voiced by some of the top names in Hollywood such as Vin Diesel (as Riddick), Cole Hauser (as Johns), Kristen Lehman (as Shirah), and Willis Burks II (as Pope Joe).