Chime is all about placing shapes on a grid to make music. Gamers control a single shape at a time, and can move, rotate, and then place it on the grid. A beatline moves across the grid in time with the music, and sets off events when it hits placed shapes. Quads are created by placing shapes in solid blocks of 3x3 or more. When a quad is completed and the beat line hits, different musical samples are triggered dependent on its shape. The size of the quad denotes the score, and multipliers can be achieved by having several quads on the screen at once. Once the beatline hits a completed quad, it is stamped down into the grid, earning the player coverage. Put simply, place blocks to create quads, create quads to gain coverage, and gain coverage to fill the grid.
Chime features two modes to explore and conquer; five fantastic songs by world-famous musicians - including Moby and Paul Hartnoll (Orbital); multiple difficulty levels; and different playing grids with a variety of shape-sets. Chime also offers full Xbox LIVE Arcade leaderboard support so players can impress the world with their musical talent and promote goodwill.
- Addictive block puzzler: Rotate and place shapes to form quads of 3x3 or more to fill your grid before the time runs out.
- Music tracks from world-renowned musicians: Featuring music by Moby, Paul Hartnoll (Orbital) and more.
- Remix music tracks: Fill the grid to alter the track loop, place pieces to play notes, and create quads to trigger a range of song samples.
- Unlimited replay value: Keep reaching 100% and resetting the grid to continue playing and beat your high score.
- Five unique levels: Each level is made up of its own music, grid, and shape-sets.
- Time mode: Choose between three different levels of difficulty, based on time limit.
- Free-play mode: Play for the sake of making music with no time pressure.
- Charitable donation: All Zoë Mode's services are provided at no cost to OneBigGame, and all Zoe Modes royalties (a minimum of 60 percent of the purchase price) are donated to the OneBigGame charity initiative. OneBigGame always aims to donate a minimum of 80% of all donations to its charity partners Save the Children and Starlight Children's foundation.