Barrier Chest Locations
1. Mural Town: Eternity Earring
2. Sea Cube: Renewal Bracelet
3. Lal Mountains Camp: Missile Upgrade Part B
4. Devour Village - Ribbon
5. Exile Forest - Caverns: Lock-On Upgrade Part B
6. Mecha Base - 1F: Ballet Shoes
7. Mecha Base - 2F: Belt of Hermes
8. Mecha Base - 3F: Eternity Bracelet
9. Mecha Robo Cube: Mega HP Up Elixir
10. Mecha Robo Cube: Mega HP Up Elixir
1. Ancient Caverns: Bellybutton Ring of Fire
2. Drill Machine - 2F: Ancient Warriors Necklace
3. Wilderness Camp: Ancient Warriors Bracelet
4. Lot Wilderness East: Cross Trainers
5. Undersea Caverns: Flip-Flops
6. Alumaru Village: Alacrity Elixir
7. Jibral(before you enter the second gates): Poo Bracelet
8. Jibral - Eternal Engine Lab: Shell Earring
9. Baroy Town: Generalist Heart
10. Baroy Town: Flawless Sapphire
11. Baroy Town: Barrier Magic Heart
1. Lot Wilderness West: Bellybutton Ring of Water
2. Gul Mountains: 3000 Gold
3. Alumaru Village: Mirror Earring
4. Wire Highlands: Cross Trainers
5. Devour Village: Stone Shoes
1. Mural Town: Black Belt
2. Exile Forest - Caverns: Epistle of the King Ghost
3. Jibral Castle: Lv5-Waterus
4. Jibral Castle Lounge: Shell Badge
5. Jibral Castle Courtyard - Chain
6. Underground River: Shoes of the Ancients
7. Ancient Factory: Crystal Ring
8. Wire Highlands: Crystal Bracelet
1. Mural Town: Gravitic Ring
2. Jibral Castle: Lv6-Groundus
3. Ancient Factory: Ballet Shoes
4. Ancient Prison: Champions Belt
5. Pachess Town: Belt of Hermes
6. Pachess Town: Lv6-Zephyrus
7. Pachess Town: Lv6-Quickus
8. Devour Village - Medals(9)
After you have taken enough damage, and you yourself have inflicted damage, there should be an option above the attack that reads 'Corporeal'. It basically turns you into a real monster for a short while, and you will auto kill anything around.
Defeating Moody Dragon
You can find the hidden Boss, Moody Dragon, while leveling up your characters in the Underground River. This Boss is found at random, so this may take some time. Try being at level 27 or above to defeat this Boss. Just use physical attacks, or anything except Shadowa. He has about 2,500 HP. Upon defeating this boss, you will get a nice reward.
Don't Miss Out
If you are looking for the All Item Achievement, you will be looking for all the 1800 "nothings" and trading them to the Nothing Man in Jibral (or the Nothing Robo Mecha in Split Worlds) for items; exploring every other chest in the game will pretty much help augment your item collection. However, there are two accessories you must steal from two different bosses or you will not complete your item collection.
Be sure to steal from the Phantom Dragon south of the Glass Spires on disc 3 for one accessory.
Be sure to Loot or Steal from Ultimate Szabo in the Primitive Cube (Cauldron Room) on disc 3 for the second accessory.
Immediately after the scene where the strange voice tells your characters to swallow the light spheres (after fighting the land shark), there is a chance to gain at least three or four levels in both class rank and character level. You have the choice to escape using the Mechat machine, but do not. Instead, fight the horde of robot enemies. This may take awhile, but the experience gained can really help your characters for what lies ahead. The Underground River area on Disc 2 is a good location to level up your characters fairly easily. Go to the end of the area where you can find lots of the Kelelon things then just battle them again repeatedly. They will always respawn. Try to use R to surround as many monsters in your radius as possible. The Underground River is also well known for having lots of other respawning monsters.
When you first visit Nene's castle, you will come across red tripwires that, when tripped, will result in an enemy encounter. After you fight the boss in the castle, you will come across a long room with a treasure chest within. In the very beginning of the room, there is one of the aforementioned red tripwires which will result in an enemy encounter if tripped. If you use Field Barrier here, you can run back and forth all the way down the hall and back to the tripwire, you can spawn a new enemy encounter each time, which is an incredibly easy way to earn SP.
Easy SP Gain
Have any one character get to Rank 50 on Barrier Magic to obtain Field Barrier 3. Then have that same character get to rank 8 on Black Magic to obtain Regenerate MP. While you walk around destroying enemies for SP without fighting, you will regenerate the lost MP and never run out, effectively giving you an unlimited SP gain. A perfect area to do this trick is in the flying fortress just after Zola leaves the team and goes through the other warp. In the room just before you meet Szabo are three lasers. When set off, a flying Mecha Robo appears for each one. Each monster will result in a 2 SP gain. Just run from the save point through the lasers and back to the save point. Continue running this path saving in between when the lasers stop dropping monsters.
When you reach the primitive cube, before you enter the ruins, outside you will find butterfly monsters. Activate Field Barrier 3. Place your character in the center of the field and tape the Left Analog-stick Up and Right Analog-stick Right. If done correctly, you will run around killing endless spawns of these monsters for +2 SP each. This is best done with MP Regeneration. You can reach level 99 in a Shadow in less than an hour. Check regularly in case of skill obtaining, and also if the butterflies get in a perfect chasing distance. If they do this, activate the barrier again and continue. This trick is also best done with Eyepatch or Black Belt.
Fleeing Enemies Keep Running
You must have the field abilities Stun Bomb and Stealth. Go towards an enemy that normally runs away upon seeing of you while under the effect of Stealth (for example, Kelolons). Toss a Stun Bomb at the monster. If done correctly, after the Stun Bomb loses effect on the monster it will begin to flee. However because it cannot see you because you are under the effect of Stealth, it will keep running until you become visible again.
Go SP Yourself
The Barrier Magic has a field skill "Field Barrier 3" which only costs 1 MP (instead of 10) at rank 50. Once you earn and assign this skill, you can venture to places with plenty of enemies you've defeated before and simply walk into them with the Black Belt and Eyepatch accessories (the skills Attract Aura and Regenerate MP at this point are self-explanatory). Some good places would be:
Underground River - the Kelolon Defender Room, all the way to Baroy Town (80 enemies)
Primitive Cube - the Blazing Moths in the garden (infinite but slower number of appearances)
West Ice Field - the Roball racetrack (dependent on the moving base's appearance)
When you use Jiro in battle and he dies, he will automatically resurrect himself.
Items are not only useful for heals and revives. The attack item is useful for killing enemies all at once. The support option is helpful when you need to help your allies or you need to make an enemy weaker or debuff them.
Mechat Upgrade Locations
1. Lock-On Upgrade Part A: Aurora Ruins (Boss Fight)
2. Lock-On Upgrade Part B - Exile Forest
3. Missile Upgrade Part A: 4F Mecha Base
4. Missile Upgrade Part B: Lal Mountains Camp
5. Coating Part A: 4F Upper Mecha Base
6. Coating Part B: Kelaso Village
7. Heatsink Parts: Eastern Deserted Island
8. Laser Barrier Parts: Sea Cube (Boss Fight)
9. Weapon Parts: Ancient Ruins Forest
Rare Monsters 'R Us
Aside from the 20 to 30 monsters you can miss in Nene's Fortress (end of disc 2), there are three elusive monsters you will have to search for once your party gets a mechat on disc 3.
These monsters are super tough and can do more than 999 damage to everyone in your party. Increase your shadow class ranks or expect to die very quickly.
Gold Mecha Robo: The Ancient Factory 1F. Past the first conveyor belt.
King Poo Snake: In the Ancient Ruins Cave. Defeat the Jumbo Poo then the Corrosive Poo for this enemy to appear.
Gold Poo Snake: Defeat the King Poo Snake and the Platnum Poo. The Platinum Poo is on one of the three south and southwestern island archipalageo and the Gold Poo Snake will rarely appear (on that same set of islands), giving you that chance to destroy it.
Zola: Killer Bat/Gargoyle
Train your dragons in every area where there are a lot of enemies. When you get to the bosses they will be easy to beat.