Black is a fresh and unique take on the first-person shooter. Moving away from the covert and simulation obsessed games of recent years, Black delivers intense action gun fights by identifying the key components of great Hollywood shoot-outs and recreating them as a game. The peerless fire-and-effect experience will revolutionise video game shooting.
With the odds stacked heavily in the enemy's favour, the player can only succeed by learning a new style of attack.... be bold, be aggressive and use the physical environment as an ally. In Black, it's not just who you shoot, it's what you shoot. Signs, walls, statues, doors, ceilings, and windows can all be destroyed to surprise, stun, wound or kill your enemy - with devastating results. Every bullet has an impact, every impact has an effect.
What's it about? A black operative is sent to eliminate an American agent overseas.
- The Best Shooting. The most destructive gun fights ever seen in a video game. Everything in the environment is affected by gunfire.
- Signature Kills. Use the environment as a weapon. Make tactical use of destructive environments. Take out enemies in cover, multiple enemies at once, or just for the thrill of seeing massive destruction.
- Awesome Firepower. The biggest, best guns inspired by weapons from classic Hollywood action movies like The Matrix, Terminator 2 and Predator.
- Four Guns are Better than One. Added firepower and communication heighten the intensity of battle with the player supported by three highly trained specialists.
- Stunt Man Enemies. Interesting, dynamic targets surrounded by explosive debris.
- Trigger Time. The largest body count of any video game. 5 times the number of enemies per level than conventional action games ensures relentless action.
- Incredible technology. Criterion Games, the award-winning creators of the Burnout series, will squeeze more performance out of the Playstation 2 and Xbox hardware than ever before.