ArmA II benefits from a game engine that has been in constant development for 10 years and no other developer can offer such a great heritage in creating open-world military shooters. In fact, Bohemia Interactive is so skilled at producing realistic warfare simulations that the developer has used its Real Virtuality engine as the basis for training simulators used by armies across the globe, including the United States Marine Corps, UK Ministry of Defence and Australian Defence Force.
This experience is also helping Bohemia Interactive to craft an incredibly detailed storyline, full of political intrigue and plot twists, which blurs the boundaries between fact and fiction. Set in the near future in a fictional post-Soviet country called Chernarus, players take on the role of a United States Marine Corps Force Recon squad, who are called to the country as a peacekeeping force to prevent further civilian casualties and ensure ongoing stability.
- A whole new chapter in the ArmA franchise with new characters and an in-depth story
- Unlike most war simulations, ArmA II focuses on team play - including co-operative play, the ability to switch between team members and dramatic moments when you must give first aid to team mates
- Improved AI for team mates and enemies, now they use cover, hide and work better as a unit
- Dynamic conversations and events that shape the storyline
- Incredibly realistic game engine that's been used by the military for combat simulations
- Comprehensive online multiplayer modes
- An extremely strong modding community among the ArmA II fans