This enchanting fantasy game throws players into the heart of a mythological world where a new Empire has launched an aggressive assault on the Ancient Races and all things magic. Meanwhile an even greater evil populated by hellish demons breeds in its shadows.
Assuming the roles of mythical champions, players must make use of the dozens of new and spectacular spells available, strike allegiances wisely and take on the evil Phobius who threatens to turn this dream-like world into a living nightmare for all its inhabitants. It's a daunting task but through courage, ambition and strategic play, gamers can aspire to become the greatest sorcerer of all time and the supreme ruler of an enchanted empire.
This latest addition to the series will enable players to experience the all new and eerie Shadow World dimension and battle with races never seen before across new and diverse landscapes. Combined with the option of creating a totally unique environment with the map generator and rewriting the history of this world time and time again through the enhanced campaign editor, players are ensured a constant stream of completely new game experiences.
- Full Campaign with 5 episodes and 16 scenarios, with new characters and a new unfolding story. 19 stand-alone scenarios are included.
- 3 Entirely new races: The steppe roaming Nomads, the sinister Shadow Demons and the mysterious Syrons.
- Revisions to the original 12 Age of Wonders races. Each race has a new city upgrade, which comes with a new unit. For example, the Elves can build a Secret forest, which cloaks the town and produces Treemen.
- Use dozens of new spells, artifacts, heroes and unit abilities.
- Explore magical landscapes which have been updated with many new structures and terrains tiles, and venture into the new 'Shadow World' plane, a parallel realm of existence.
- Create magical items of your own design at your Wizard Tower's Forge.
- Oppose enhanced computer players that now use boats and pioneers efficiently.
- Updated interface that leaves more room for the map-area and has more features, such as descriptions of all the creatures in the game.
- Enhanced presentation with new music and cut-scenes.
- More editing and customization options for users, such as the importing of user portraits and a campaign editor.
- Improved pacing with outnumbered foes begging for mercy.
- Inclusion of a Random Scenario Generator, which allows the creation of endless new worlds to explore. Supports both quick-launch options and dozens of user settings.