Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising is the sequel to the Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences (AIAS) 2001 Handheld Game of the Year, Advance Wars. Sturm, the cruel leader of the Black Hole Army, has created a new base of operations, and now he's set his sights on Cosmo Land. This time, he has new Command Officers (COs) leading a strange legion of soldiers into battle. The armies of Cosmo Land will have to work together if they have any hopes of driving off the otherworldly invaders.
- Fight through campaigns for each of the armies to complete the game. Each campaign is made up of multiple missions, each of which has its own different mission objectives, ranging from capturing an enemy's headquarters to eliminating your enemy's forces.
- Take advantage of new COs and CO powers, powerful new units, new maps and terrain features that deepen the game's strategy elements, while keeping them accessible to new audiences.
- Use your all-new Super CO Powers, like Typhoon and Airborne Assault, to rain destruction upon your enemy and boost your airborne units combat strength.
- Discover new units, including the massively powerful neotank, and set off missile silos that can launch devastating attacks from afar. Create even more complex and challenging battle maps using the new Map Editor.
- Extend game play with Single- and Multi-Pak multi-player modes: create custom maps in the Map Editor, then trade them with friends or challenge them to a war of ADVANCE proportions!